Thanks for checking our professional basketball league. You will find the rules and other important information about the league below. If you have any questions, please reach out to us on either Slack or Twitter. And don't forget to join!
- League Name: Simulation Internet Professional Basketball
- Program: Draft Day Sports: Pro Basketball 2023 version 12.5 powered by Wolverine Studios
Export File Deadlines:
Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at 4:00 PM CENTRAL TIME
- Note: After 4PM, there is no guarantee your changes will be included. Be sure to check when 4PM Central is in your timezone. This time zone converter has been very reliable.
How to Export Your File:
- Load the SIBA association from the main menu
- Complete all changes for team (updating depth chart and strategy, talking with players, etc.)
- Go to your office (the briefcase icon at the top)
- Click the orange "Export MP File" button at the bottom right-hand corner
How to Download the League File In-Game:
- On the main menu, click the "Update Multiplayer League" option
- Select and open the SIBA.pbb file
- Wait until the sign-in page appears
- Sign in
Important Game Dates
- Salary Cap: $112,414,200
- Luxury Cap: $137,145,324
- Rating Scale: 1-100 Point
- Owner’s Characteristics: Randomized
Trade and Draft Restrictions
- All trades can be veto by the Commissioners.
- Players are allowed to enter into the SIBA from the SICBA (college league)
- High school players cannot enter the SIBA directly.
- Foreign players are allowed to enter the SIBA
The GMs in the league will need to export their files using the fax machine on the office page (Export MP File). These should be imported prior to each of the following stages:
- Owner/GM phone calls
- Each Day of Coach Hiring
- Pre-Draft Workouts
- Each Day of Free Agency
- Training Camp
- D-League Assignments
- Any Change to Depth Chart, Sub Matrix, D-League Assignments
- Player Instructions During the Season
These files need to be uploaded. All other stages of the season are handled by the Commissioner directly, and GMs should contact him via Slack
In Season Free Agent Signing
In-Season Free Agent Signing is started by a team posting the player they wish to sign in the transactions-freeagent-signings channel. Then that player is available until the next sim or for 6 hours, whichever period is shorter, to give any other teams a chance of signing him. After the waiting period, Commissioner will use the website True Random Number Generator to calculate the number. Three random numbers will be average together to get the free agent number of interest.
The following are the changes to sign the free agent depending on the number of interested teams.
- If only one team is involved, then that team signs him.
- If two teams are involved, then the first team has a 85% chance of signing him and the second team has only 15%. Example: team one has from (1-85) and team two has from (86-100).
- If three teams are involved, then the break down is team one gets 80% (1-80), team two get 15% (81-95), and team three get 5% (96-100).
- If four teams are involved, then the break down is team one gets 75% (1-75), team two gets 15% (76-90), team three gets 7% (91-97), and team four gets 3% (98-100).
NOTE: Only four teams can claim a free agent. After the fourth team has claimed him, the claims are finalized. Only the first four teams will have the chance of signing the player.
SIBA Luxury Tax Penalties
Lost of Draft Picks
Teams that are over the Luxury Tax Cap for 2 consecutive seasons by $25 million will have to forfeit their highest second round pick in next draft.
Teams that are over the Luxury Tax Cap for 2 consecutive seasons by $50 million will have to forfeit their highest first round pick in next draft.
These Draft Picks will go to the teams with the worst record in order of highest pick. The highest 1st round pick would go to the worst team. Then the next pick would go to the 2nd worst team and so on until all the penalized teams pick are accounted for.
Lost of Reward Points
If teams that are over the Luxury Tax Cap for 2 consecutive seasons by $25 million and do not have draft picks will forfeit Reward points for the 2nd season.
These Reward Points will go to the teams with the worst record in order of highest points. The highest amount of points would go to the worst team. Then the next amount would go to the 2nd worst team and so on until all the penalized teams pick are accounted for.
If teams that are over the Luxury Tax Cap for 2 consecutive seasons by $25 million and do not have reward points then $10 million will be added to salary.
Here are a list of term definitions that will help GMs as they manage their teams.
- SALARY CAP vs LUXURY CAP
The salary cap acts as a “soft cap” meaning that it can be exceeded in certain situations (such as re-signing bird rights players or signing players to minimum contracts). The luxury cap is not so much a cap on anything but a threshold that once your salary crosses the team ownership gets penalized with paying extra taxes for doing so. This number is important because your ownership may allow you to spend over the salary cap but might want you to stay under this luxury cap number. Your amount under the luxury cap will also impact your ability to use the mid-level exception.
- EXCEEDING THE SALARY CAP
As mentioned the salary cap is a “soft cap” and can be exceeded in some situations. You can always sign players to a minimum contract. If you have a restricted free agent who gets an offer you can exceed the cap to match that offer. You can also exceed the cap when using the low-level, mid-level or bird rights exceptions.
- BIRD RIGHTS
Bird Rights are acquired by players when they finish the season on a team roster. If a player is released or changes teams via free agency his bird rights years are reset to zero but they do not reset if he is traded or resigns with his own team. Bird right years are important because they determine how much you can offer your player in free agency. This is an advantage for the team who has the player last because while all other teams need cap space or an exception to bid on the player the team holding his bird rights does not.
Players with three or more bird years can receive any amount up to the league maximum contract for their number of years of experience in the league with 7.5% annual raises. Players with two bird years can be signed for up to 175% of the previous season’s contract amount assuming that does not exceed the league maximum for his experience level with 7.5% annual raises. Players with just one bird year can be offered up to 120% of their previous contract with 4.5% annual raises.
- OTHER EXCEPTIONS
You may also have the mid-level exception and low-level exceptions available to you in free agency. Teams over the luxury cap amount or far under the salary cap will not get these exceptions so keep that in mind during your contract planning.
- RESTRICTED FREE AGENTS
When a player finishes his full rookie contract (four years for first round picks, two years for second round picks) they have the ability to become restricted free agents. This means that you tender them a temporary contract and allow them to become a free agent. If they receive an offer in free agency they wish to accept you will get the chance to match that contract or lose the player with no compensation. If they do not find an offer they like they will have to sign with your team for one season for the temporary contract amount and then next season will become an unrestricted free agent. Keep this in mind when making an offer for another team’s RFA that if you’re not overpaying the team is probably likely to match the offer. Players do not become RFAs automatically. You have to go to your contracts page and make them a “qualifying offer” on or before the CONTRACTS action date in the game.
- CAP HOLDS AND RENOUNCING RIGHTS
You may wonder why players who are now free agents are still counting against your salary cap. These are cap holds and any player who is a bird rights free agent has one that counts against your team - otherwise teams could use up all of their cap space and then try to resign their own bird rights free agents by going over the cap. If you want to have salary cap space to use then you will have to renounce the bird rights of your free agents. Do this on the CONTRACTS date in the game as well by going to your team contracts page and choosing the renounce option for players. This will free up the cap space but also take away the bird rights for the player.
You can try to extend the contracts of your own players from your team contracts page as the season goes along but often times you will see that the player is asking for more money than you can offer in an extension. This is not a bug - it is what the player wants and often times it is more advantageous to the player to go to free agency even if he intends to resign with your team to be able to get the most money possible.
- TWO-WAY CONTRACT
Two way contracts essentially allow you to have team control over two additional players who do not count against your 15 man roster limit or your salary cap. When you sign a player to a two way contract he is placed on your development league affiliate on a two year contract. He remains there unable to be signed by another team until his contract runs out. You can call this player up at any time but doing so will remove the two way contract and replace it with a regular contract that does count against your salary.